[SMF 2.06 SMF ARCADE 2.5RC2] Main file missing

Started by thedukeisnotdead, December 15, 2013, 04:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedukeisnotdead

I wanted to add the PDL-Skin combo to our current arcade. The install went fine, but the only problem is the scores would not save. I suspected a few files were not getting updated.

I created a new test forum on a separate server from our smf 2.06 install that has smf arcade 2.5 rc2 using to old DB.
After installing the PDL-Skin combo, everything is saving and working as suspected.

The only problem is, under the Admin>arcade>Games section, under each game it says in red "Main file missing."

I suspect one of the fields hasn't gotten update in the db for each game.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dukie

Skhilled

Hmmm, if it is working on a different server and not your primary server then I suspect maybe the file permissions are not set correctly so the files can be seen or updated. Check to make sure all of your files and folders are set properly on that server.

Different servers behave differently according to how they are configured. Some play nice, others don't...not without having to reset the permissions first. By this I mean you may have to make sure they are set properly before installing anything and each thing you install. Some servers are just not configured properly. If it uses 777 for folders and files you will most likely always have some issues no matter what SMF mods you install. If they are 755 for folders and 644 for files then it should only be a matter of resetting them. However, since they may have been installed with incorrect permissions the mods/games may have to be uninstalled and reinstalled again.

If that does not work. I suggest check to make sure all of the files for the games are in place as well as making sure the games have the correct submit system.

thedukeisnotdead

What should the Directory perms be for the Arcade and Games folder

What should the perms be for the Games files

What should the perms be for the gamedata files

Skhilled

Only your hosting can tell you for sure what the folder and file permissions should as they are they one who set up the server.