SMF Arcade 2.5 RC3 - Underdog's Version

Started by Skhilled, May 03, 2015, 04:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Yeah, the version number seems like a step backwards since I made 2.6 RC1...which should have been named 2.5 RC3 first, in retrospect.  :Zipit:  But anyhoo, this version has a number of bug fixes and includes the Jeza Skin and PDL combo! No need to install those separately anymore!!! Get it while it's hot!

SMF Arcade 2.5 RC3

Ronald

Steve I have installed the E-Arcade with lots of games.. But e Arcade is useless you can't remove anything but the games. I have a lot of files four pages of game scores and no way to get rid of them..

I just installed this Arcade 2.5 RC3 on a test site, went in real good..

My question to you would be. If I removed the E Arcade can I somehow transfer the games over to the new arcade. Or best to uninstall the entire lot and start from new..

Thanks

Ron..

Skhilled

If you read the files in the E-arcade package below it will show you how to get rid of the code and the files it installed:

package-info.xml

newInstall.xml

Once uninstalled, the only thing left will be the database tables which you can safely leave however, they will take up some db space depending on how many games you had installed. If you wish to get rid of those too just go into phpmyadmin and "Drop" any "arcade" db tables then it should be completely uninstalled. I highly suggest making a db backup first.

EDIT: Did some thinking about this. You did not say how or why you can't remove anything. Something does not sounds right...

Anyhoo, if you delete the /Games folder you will get rid of the games...but not the code. But after looking at things if you get rid of the code you may be able to keep the games and scores but not sure. Both use "arcade" as a db table prefix so I would "assume" that if you uninstall one and install the other it would detect the game scores that are already in the db. You have to reinstall the games for the scores to be detected again. But like I said I am not sure if that will work or not...

Ronald

Steve here is why I posted.. Maybe you can make out the question that was posed to me..

QuoteI'll guess this is probably one more of the things that can't be fixed since it's in effect imported from outside.

It would seem that if, while you hold a championship, you beat your previous high score, the database recognizes you as a "new" champion, starting anew there and then.  That means losing your "tenure" as champion, even though you never lost the championship, which in turn messes up the Longest Championships list.

Any hope there's a fix for this you have access to?  I've been unbeaten in Mega Jackpot Bingo for ages, but often drop off the list simply because I do sometimes manage a new high score.

The entire setup of the E Arcade is different.. beast set one up for me on another forum and it looks great. But e arcade is a straight setup..when looking in the setup in the Admin. CP there are no edits, there is only a section to run the clear the arcade cache and delete the scores..

This E Arcade is confusing..

Skhilled

Now you've got me confused!  :rofl1:

In your first post you say you want it removed. Now you seem to be asking about championships and having no edits? Which is it you wish to do?

I'm not sure what edits you are speaking of. On my test site I have settings, and can edit the games in the ACP. Maybe it is not completely installed?

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on May 14, 2015, 08:48:51 AM
Now you've got me confused!  :rofl1:

In your first post you say you want it removed. Now you seem to be asking about championships and having no edits? Which is it you wish to do?

I'm not sure what edits you are speaking of. On my test site I have settings, and can edit the games in the ACP. Maybe it is not completely installed?

E Arcade does not have all the settings of the old version smf arcade..

Skhilled

If you are speaking of the PDL Combo's features, that is Underdog's version which can be found here:

http://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

That version now includes the Jeza Skin and the PDL Combo included! No more installing those 2 after you install the arcade. They are all in one little neat package.

If you are talking about the original version of SMF Arcade, well, E-Arcade has always had more settings and features. It was created because of SMF Arcade's lack of features and settings.

Ronald

I'll have to see what I can do.. I don't care for the new E Arcade, besides vbgamer45 is not supplying any support, he opened a support forum and that's all he did, never answers any questions..

Are the codes easy enough to work with..to make changes..

Skhilled

Sorry, I missed ya. I was on a pizza run. ;)

Yeah, I joined there and saw your topic and made one myself for the bugs I've found. I tested it to see how up to date it was. I don't think he added the new hook system to the old code and is probably why there are problems with it.

In his defense, he is a very busy guy. He runs a free hosting service, creates or modifies various mods for SMF and MyBB (maybe others) and probably a few other things.

By "make changes" you mean uninstall one and install the other? About a good as any other mod. It depends on what else you got installed...you may have to manually uninstall some of the code.

Ronald

I was just checking the other site and see you joined. Good maybe we can all help him..

I know he is a busy guy, but why did he take this e arcade on when he's got more than he can handle..He is big with mybb..SWW (CTU) was with mybb then we converted over to smf..

My concern was in the acp all I see is the link to open the arcade settings. Now that I check two site with different arcades, they are the same.

E Arcade doesn't have the Jeza skin included..

I think I'll test something. Setup the e arcade with some games, get some scores. The leave it but remove the e arcade and install the Underdogs Version and see what happens..

Underdog's Version seems to be the best of arcades..

Skhilled

E-arcade was designed before the Jeza skin and had another skin that was made for it but the creator stopped support for lack of time to commit to it.

Yes, Underdog's version is better than the original version.

I'm sending you a pm so you can see my test site's admin and see if it looks that same as yours. If it does not then you are missing some coding somewhere...

Ronald

I never realized what you had just put in here. I was under the impression it was the same arcade we have been using.

I did just check my version against your version.

Game page..same
acp..same
Admin...same installed 3.0, latest 3.0, database 12, installed 12
Settings..same
Categories..same
Install..same
Auto install..same
Arcade maintenance..same

Underdog's arcade has a much better main game page, this should be included in e arcade..

Ronald

Steve what does this mean: Please wait while checking session...and how can I correct it..

I installed the e arcade with some games. Worked good.

The I uninstalled e arcade, but left the games in.

Next I installed smf arcade 2.5 rcs, when setting it up I noticed the games. I put the games into categories, but they would not play. Got that error above..

I tried removing the game and the database from the games. I reinstalled a few games, but none will play now just the message..

Skhilled

Clearing the game cache and smf's cache and see if that helps. If the games you are seeing are from before you may have to delete one and reinstall it. Then see if it is still giving you that error. Also, make sure the game you are testing is installed properly.

EDIT: Also, make sure you update your PC's and browser's flash. I think there was an update for Adobe Flash yesterday...and clear you browser's cache too.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on May 15, 2015, 05:13:42 PM
Clearing the game cache and smf's cache and see if that helps. If the games you are seeing are from before you may have to delete one and reinstall it. Then see if it is still giving you that error. Also, make sure the game you are testing is installed properly.

EDIT: Also, make sure you update your PC's and browser's flash. I think there was an update for Adobe Flash yesterday...and clear you browser's cache too.

Got Adobe yesterday..

I clear the cache and see what goes..

I now realize, you have to remove the arcade along with the games, and also remove all the database included, then you can reinstall the arcade..

I worked most of the day playing around, until I got that error..