A Time to Remember and never forget!

Started by Maxx, May 25, 2015, 07:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

A  Time to Remember and never forget!

All those of all Races, Religions, Sex's and Sexual Preferences, that took a stand for their Country, Not Just My - Your fallen Brothers and sisters, but those who's lives were shattered by the Call to duty (the Wounded and their Families and Love ones), that will carry this load forever!

Please stop and think before you carry one this Day!

Regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Ronald

Skhilled

That's right! You're a vet aren't you? Thanks for your service!

Maxx

I and all my Family (brothers E-4 and above) and father his brothers are / were Vets, My eldest Brother 19yeares old Sp4 fell in VN.

Our generation stopped the draft and that stuff for over 30 years, and Now we are in the longest war ever.

I have no answer for that though!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Sorry for not responding sooner. My grandfather was on the phone. He can really talk your head off! LOL He is the one Ron (Oldcrow) was talking about and is a WW2 vet.

And thank you for your family for your services as well!  :cool2:

Maybe I should create a new membergroup for you guys...just I can remember.  :rofl1:

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on May 25, 2015, 09:45:52 AM
Sorry for not responding sooner. My grandfather was on the phone. He can really talk your head off! LOL He is the one Ron (Oldcrow) was talking about and is a WW2 vet.

And thank you for your family for your services as well!  :cool2:

Maybe I should create a new membergroup for you guys...just I can remember.  :rofl1:

Wasn't your grand pa in a special forces military, I recall you telling me about him..

Skhilled

No, they would never let Blacks do that back then. They were mostly used as cannon fodder. I did have a cousin near my age that was in Special Forces in Vietnam.

There are a couple of topics here about him in the news. There are many more I should have posted but he's becoming a bit famous and it's hard to keep up with all of his appearances. One day I'll catalog all of them and post them. Some are on video archives in various military museums and on various news footages of him talking about it. Almost once every other month he's going somewhere speaking about it. There is an airshow coming soon where he was talking last year. I never posted the pics from that yet. And he'll be there again this year and so will I. I'll get some pics and post them for you guys.

Ronald

I thought your grand dad was in a special black military, gees I can't think of the name. I'm sure it was started in Cleveland Ohio years ago.. I could be wrong..

I did read the story or one of them about your grand dad..He sounds like a real guy..

Ken.

QuoteMemorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in service of the United States of America. Over two dozen cities and towns claim to be the birthplace of Memorial Day. While Waterloo N.Y. was officially declared the birthplace of Memorial Day by President Lyndon Johnson in May 1966, it's difficult to prove conclusively the origins of the day.

AMEN.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti