Internet isn't working

Started by Skhilled, July 07, 2017, 11:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on July 10, 2017, 04:51:03 PM
The net is back up but my router has been reset. For now, I only have access to my PC and no wifi until I get a chance to reset it all. :P

:welcome: back. Glad to hear it's back up..

Ever find out what happened..

Skhilled

Nope, all I know is there was some kind of outage in the area then i got worse. LOL

But it's back up now and I'm trying to get my wifi back.

EDIT: Wifi is back on. AND...they are sending me an updated router! Should be here by tonight, they said. They will call tomorrow morning to see how it's going or if I need help setting it up.

Skhilled

The router works OK but the signal could be a bit stronger. I may have to move it around a bit. but...it's working ok. :)

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

The router was in the basement but now it's on the ground floor next to my PC. This should work best for all 3 floors. :)

Ken.

That sounds like a good move. My modem/router is in our BR, but we use our LT's in the LR so I've been thinking that the modem/router should be in the LR as well.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

I still may bridge my Linksys to this router and see how it goes. The new router's features and settings are way better than the old one but the Linksys is still better. The problem is I NEED to use the router they gave me so I'd have to bridge any other routers I may buy that work better.

Ronald

Steve do you have a router or a gateway.  I am with AT&T in America they supply a Gateway,it is secured by passcoed..

Now in Canada I use a small cable company, they supply a Modem, and I have a N router attached to this, password protected..

Skhilled

I have a router and it is secured with a firewall and password. It also has MAC Address Authentication. It does have bridge and gateway modes.