US police ambushed 'in name of Islam'

Started by Ronald, January 08, 2016, 03:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

A gunman in Philadelphia ambushed a police officer "in the name of Islam" at a junction late on Thursday.

Three of the 13 or more shots that the unnamed gunman fired struck the officer, who is said to be recovering.

The officer returned fire, striking the gunman at least three times, in what the police chief described as an attempted "execution".

The suspect, whose condition is not known, escaped on foot but was apprehended by police shortly after.

Story:  http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/us-police-ambushed-in-name-of-islam/ar-CCiyg6?li=AAggNb9

I thought Detroit was bad, Philadelphia is just as bad..

Skhilled

I read the story earlier. It always has been bad. I was born, raised and lived there for over 30 years before moving to Reading...about an hour's drive away. I still go there to hang out with family and friends when I can.

But on the flip side, Philly cops are the dirtiest in the game. If you do a search you'll see a lot of news articles about cops getting arrested for selling drugs and a lot more. It 's been like that for many, many years, sadly.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on January 08, 2016, 08:14:14 PM
I read the story earlier. It always has been bad. I was born, raised and lived there for over 30 years before moving to Reading...about an hour's drive away. I still go there to hang out with family and friends when I can.

But on the flip side, Philly cops are the dirtiest in the game. If you do a search you'll see a lot of news articles about cops getting arrested for selling drugs and a lot more. It 's been like that for many, many years, sadly.

I knew you were from Phillie, one reason I posted this..

I would not wish harm on any Police Officer, they have one tough job, no matter which city they are in..

Skhilled

I don't wish harm on anyone. But until police start arresting the dirty cops they will all be considered "dirty". You can't claim to uphold the law only for some and not all. This is not to say that they don't do some good things and have done some very courageous acts. I've seen them do good things. But I've also seen them do some VERY bad things. The bad ones need to be arrested and thrown in jail along with the other criminals.

Ronald

I'll have to agree with you on this..Coming from small towns I don't see this. But I see this on the news programs and the Internet news..

Skhilled

It's sad that people are treat differently here on our own soil when this country "claims" to be the land of the free and have equal rights and will fight other countries over their rights. I'm still waiting for the to free part happen. Before we fight other countries over what they do we need to clean up our act and be an example first.

Ronald

I have always said that. We are not a free country in the sense of the word.. I don't know about your area, but around here we have a lot of dirty cops and dirty politicians, and racism is high..and it has to stop..

We have a lot of drive by shootings where little kids are getting killed, these kids haven't even lived yet..We have unsolved murder shootings from up to 3 years old with no solving being down..

We have some cops who should have been found guilty but the courts say they were doing there duty..To many different rules for people..

How come your here tonight, you should be at work..

Skhilled

Kids being killed is what hurts me the most...

I don't work Friday and Saturday nights and go to work at midnight on Sunday. So I'm here off and on throughout most of the weekend. It depends on when I want to take a nap or if I'm not hanging out in Philly or something.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on January 08, 2016, 10:10:23 PM
Kids being killed is what hurts me the most...

I don't work Friday and Saturday nights and go to work at midnight on Sunday. So I'm here off and on throughout most of the weekend. It depends on when I want to take a nap or if I'm not hanging out in Philly or something.

My neighbour works midnights at Chrysler, he has been on that shift 20 plus years..

Me I just go to bed and get up when I want, no more alarm clocks or bosses..

Yes it's the killing of the kids and innocence people, that troubles me..

Funny thing, I walk the dog in our area park which is huge, and met a friend, well not really a friend.. I got talking to him after knowing him for a couple of months.. Found out he is retired, but looks to young for that. He also told me he was a computer forensic technician for the RCMP then turn to the gang squad, in Vancouver BC. But he will not express himself about anything further..

I was wondering if maybe he had to relocate because of the gang squad..

Skhilled

I actually prefer working nights. I've always been a night owl so it works out for me better.

Yes, that could possibly be the case. Gang members can be very brutal. I've sold drugs for a number of years so I can tell you first hand.