Problem with install

Started by Ronald, May 19, 2015, 12:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Ronald

I tried, until the cows came home. SMF RC3 Arcade will just not install.. Oh the Arcade will install with one error, but the games will not load..

So after double and triple checking many times, and clearing and clearing.. I did get the smf arcade called E Arcade back in and games installed and working..

So for now it'll stay this way..E Arcade is not as good looking as the RC3 arcade is but I'll live with it..

One thing for sure, I learned more in the last few days about the files in the smf database.. somethings I don't feel comfortable in trying..

Skhilled

Just remember to back things up first, you're files and db so you can put it back the way it was if something does wrong..like if you hit the delete key by mistake! I've done that more than a few times.  :rofl1:

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on May 25, 2015, 08:42:24 AM
Just remember to back things up first, you're files and db so you can put it back the way it was if something does wrong..like if you hit the delete key by mistake! I've done that more than a few times.  :rofl1:

I could never visualize you hitting the wrong key.. wow..

I backup every Saturday night I do it on an external hard drive and also on a portable usb  which I take with me when leaving the country..

Skhilled

LOL, only God is perfect and I'm nowhere close! LOL

Just remember to backup right before you do things, especially to the db. It contains all of the info...posts, pm's, etc. You can trash the files all you want. Those can be easily fixed. But you can lose everything if you trash the db without a backup. And backups will only be good for the last time you did it so do it right before you do something to keep everything current and not lose any posts, etc.

Skhilled

Btw, Runic didn't help or get it to work?

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on May 25, 2015, 09:10:55 AM
Btw, Runic didn't help or get it to work?

No he was watching some Eurovision song contest..

I kept going through the files and deleting all the arcade I could find..found most of the arcade files in myadminphp

This board was started on mybb, when I bought the board from Martin, I converted over to SMF. We didn't delete enough before the convert I guess, I figured most would come over with the convert..

The Arcade was left in the convert, and I figure this is the main reason I couldn't get the Arcade in. Remember when all you guys were in trying your best to get it install about a year ago..been the same since..

Skhilled

I think it is the code left in the SMF files more than the conversion. You keep saying you are deleting files but not saying anything about deleting code in the SMF files.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on May 25, 2015, 09:48:11 AM
I think it is the code left in the SMF files more than the conversion. You keep saying you are deleting files but not saying anything about deleting code in the SMF files.

OK My next step will to look for this. I'll parse the files and look..

Never thought about codes..

Skhilled

I've mentioned them a few times in this topic and thought you did...

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on May 25, 2015, 10:37:12 AM
I've mentioned them a few times in this topic and thought you did...

I did parse the program and I see code in there, but not sure if its part of the e arcade..so going to spread out both codes and have a better look..

Ronald

Left over code in the index file :taz:

Skhilled

Make sure you look for code for any addons like the skin mod, etc. too...