Main Menu

Howdy

Started by LETHAL, January 31, 2009, 04:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LETHAL

Just wanted to drop in and say hello! I run several websites, and if I can be of assistance around here I will be more than will to offer some input.

Skhilled, I want to thank you for helping me find the Texas Hold'em.

Skhilled

Thanks and you're welcome. ibpdownloads.com (I'm a moderator there) has the bast games, imo. :)

EDIT: Sorry, I was at SMF giving a little help. lol

LETHAL

I own the domain gamers-society.com, For a while I didn't know what to do with the domain, Now I think I have an idea.

Since I am pretty familiar with SMF I'll probably stay with it. Using the arcade mod and do some tweeking of my own.

Skhilled

I've been playing PC games for about 20 years now. LOL

SMF is a lot easier than the other forums...I've tried them all and do a lot of testing with new ones as well as all of the CMS's that are available. I must say the E107 is also very good.

LETHAL

:D  I never got into PC gaming much, I was, and still am a console gamer. It all started back in the day with a Mattel Intelivision and an Atari 2600. Now I own almost every game console made. My favorite is probably the 360 as of now. I do also have a PS3, my daughter has the PSP, wii, and DS.

Anyway back on topic,

Integramod or e-tegra which ever name it is this week. I played with it for a while. Talk about a very difficult piece to work with.

I have dabbled a little with Joomla and I can say its hard to navigate.

phpbb, about all i can say here is, It's ok.

I could go on and on......   Now if only gamers-society.com domain would migrate to my other hosting I could get started.  :D

Skhilled

I've had those consoles as well. ;)

I've heard of Integramod but haven't tested php3 in awhile to try it out yet.

I do agree with Joomla/Mambo.

phpBB is OK but not so easy to integrate mods or themes as SMF, especially SMF with TP.

Quote from: LETHAL on January 31, 2009, 04:59:13 AMI could go on and on......   Now if only gamers-society.com domain would migrate to my other hosting I could get started.  :D

Do you mean someone else has control of that domain or you are waiting for it to be transferred?

LETHAL

I had the domain parked with Adsence for Domains (Google)

Skhilled

Oh, and you are having problems transferring it or pointing it to your new hosting?

LETHAL

Quote from: Skhilled on January 31, 2009, 01:25:16 PM
Oh, and you are having problems transferring it or pointing it to your new hosting?

I'm going to wait it out, The domain seems like its going to take a while to propagate.

Skhilled

It shouldn't take any more than 72 hours but usually within 24. You should still be able to view it using the temp url they gave you even after it propagates unless they move you to another server. Then the server IP will change. ;)

LETHAL

This domain is an add-on domain to my exsiting hosting account.

Here is a screenshot of what it does when I use server IP to access the folder.

Skhilled

Go to Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Themes and Settings. At the bottom click "Attempt to reset all themes".

Also, try repair_settings.php.

LETHAL

I tried that, it redirects me back to gamers-society.com. ( I dont think if I changed the forum directory in the settings.php file it would do anything.

Never mind, while i was typing this it propagated.  :D

Skhilled

Cool. Sometimes during propagation it'll still switch back and forth...it'll work and then not work.

LETHAL

Yes, So far its working.