SMF Arcade Hacked...

Started by Skhilled, December 13, 2011, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Now it says "Account is suspended"... This is the 4th time, I think, it was hacked. I don't think Christian would be too happy about it. Especially, if his hosting server went down and SMF Arcade or Niko's multi-site mod was at fault...

Maxx

Last night it said Under construction!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Yeah, it said that earlier yesterday too.

But I've been thinking it probably has come to an end anyways. No updates, Niko has openly said he has lost interest in it...who knows if it will come back or not. The hosting was free but if Niko has to pay for it now, what will happen? I'm not sure if he has the money for it.

Maxx

Does that arcade stuff take up allot of bandwidth, that maybe why, even pasid service will susspend you if you use too much, take from their other user's?

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Nope! Been like a ghost town lately! Also, Christian told me a long time ago that it will always be free even when it was very busy!

Not sure what is going on cause Niko has been MIA a lot even before I stepped down. I guess we will have to wait and see. But I've been suspecting that it was going to close, sooner or later, even before I left.

If it does there will be no more arcade for SMF.

Maxx

Well I guess with all things considered, it's probably best! I was never much into this type thing, but was thing of those who may have been!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

fwitt

At least the code is all available on github if anyone wants to fork it and keep it updated

Skhilled

Luckily, that is on a separate server. Still no word from Niko?

fwitt

Not heard from him, never got any reply last time the site was hacked either.

Skhilled

Lesmond

I could probably host it, if someone has a backup of the files, and access to the domain for the nameserver?

Skhilled

Looks like it will be back but not sure when:

http://www.smfarcade.info/

Lesmond

Ah thats good to hear Steve :)

Skhilled

Looks like I was wrong, again. LOL

Hopefully, it will be up soon but you can still get the games and arcade in the Downloads here. :)