GamePack mc games

Started by Ronald, January 17, 2017, 12:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Beast and I have been installing some games in the arcade. I have one gamepack when installed kills the forum, get a blank page.

I checked all my game downloads, and it is not in any of mine. I figure maybe beast  has it..

I have gone into the cpanel and removed this  mc games. I have gone into the files from the FTP and removed  mc games.. But yet it still appears on the Install Games in the Arcade in the ACP.

How do I get this out so we can continue. It just wants to hang in and not leave.. There has to be a place to remove this.

Thanks  :cry1:

Ron..

Skhilled

Sorry, Ron. Been a bit busy lately. The holidays are always like that for me and am glad they are finally over! ...And no more Dr. appointments for 6 months! Yeah!

1.  What is "mc games"? Is it a collection of games of sorts?

2.  Is the whole gamepack still showing in the arcade or just a game or two?

3.  Where did you get it from?

4.  What type of games are they...phpBB, VB, etc. Remeber some install files to the /Games folder only while others install to the /Games and /Arcade folders. Make sure that you've checked and removed files and folders from both of them.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on January 17, 2017, 09:11:56 AM
Sorry, Ron. Been a bit busy lately. The holidays are always like that for me and am glad they are finally over! ...And no more Dr. appointments for 6 months! Yeah!

1.  What is "mc games"? Is it a collection of games of sorts?

2.  Is the whole gamepack still showing in the arcade or just a game or two?

3.  Where did you get it from?

4.  What type of games are they...phpBB, VB, etc. Remeber some install files to the /Games folder only while others install to the /Games and /Arcade folders. Make sure that you've checked and removed files and folders from both of them.

beast got them from some forum that had an arcade, but is closed now..

beast never realized not to install games that are not .tar, theses games were something else. Not sure, what they were.

This mc games I believe are Mine Craft. As far as I know it is not in the Games, I have deleted it from the files, but for some reason it hangs in the Install Games.. When ever you upload games, then install games, then when you install them into Categories, you have to uncheck the game or the page goes blank, to me that is an error..

I have check every where I can think to find this mc games and it's nowhere to be found..

Skhilled

You can install .tar games. The issue is probably more about installing compatible games. If the site he got them from used SMFArcade then they should work...maybe not the scoring, tho...

You said you deleted them from the /Games folder but what about the /Arcade folder too. If that was done, there is still some code left behind.

You can set me to temp admin and I'll check for you.

Skhilled

I forgot to mention that on some servers a blank page sometimes has to do with permissions for the files and folders. If they are not set properly, you may think something was done (e.g., deleted or something) but wasn't. Make sure you reload those folders and check again then check the permissions.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on January 17, 2017, 10:14:24 AM
I forgot to mention that on some servers a blank page sometimes has to do with permissions for the files and folders. If they are not set properly, you may think something was done (e.g., deleted or something) but wasn't. Make sure you reload those folders and check again then check the permissions.

This I am lost at..

I did pm you some info. for access.

Ronald

Would be nice if we could have a feature in Install Games to also remove them before installing..

Like the Game List you can check mark games and remove them..

Skhilled

Skhilled

Beast, we are working on it now. But whatever you do, do not click and footer links. It will log you out and you will not be able to get back in. I believe he has mod conflicts.

Ronald

Some of the mod.'s I tried to remove have errors in them.. Is there a better way of removing Mod.'s without affecting the forum..

Skhilled

The only thing you can do is try to uninstall them in a different order.  Other than that, if you get errors you'll have to remove the error code manually. Errors come from 2 things, mostly. Old mods and mods that conflict with other mods.

beast

Other then going in the Cpanel and removing it. I have no idea how to get rid of it

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

The errors will tell you. You are talking about Ron's site, right? Or you are having the same problems?

Ronald

Quote from: beast on January 19, 2017, 08:52:13 AM

Other then going in the Cpanel and removing it. I have no idea how to get rid of it

:taz:

mcgames is not in the cpanel files..

Skhilled

When you install a gamepack it uncompresses it into the games it contains. Unless the games have some sort of indentifying text, etc. on them like "MC Solitaire" or something (and the folders) you'll just have to check out each game the gamepack contained. I still have no idea why it is still showing up in the admin unless there's a hook of sorts that is making it show...just thought about that...