"Edit" websites with one code

Started by Skhilled, July 26, 2009, 01:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

It is possible to edit most any website... though only on your own screen.

Visit whatever website and then paste this line of code into your address bar, followed by the an Enter keystroke. You'll need to use the back button to get out or refresh your screen.  :majornerd:

javascript:document.body.contentEditable='true'; document.designMode='on'; void 0

You can delete, add and modify any portion. Why would you want to do this? Funny screen shots for your friends or perhaps as an amusing time waster.

This is also a way that scammers use for their nefarious purposes such as faking Paypal transactions.

Ken.

This works!
Good find Skhilled.  :hah:

Another one that needs to be re-posted to the FF.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Skhilled

To further this: Here's something you can do with Java:

javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName("img"); DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+"px"; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+"px"}R++}setInterval('A()',5); void(0);

Do it multiple times on the same page. LOL

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti