SMF Arcade 2.5 RC3

Started by Skhilled, December 10, 2015, 10:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

SMF Arcade 2.5 RC3

http://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=50

This is the latest and current working version from Underdog/Chen Zhen.

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

aura

ooohhh .... so would that work on my forum..?

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

Actually, Underdog put this out months ago. I just realized that I never put it in the downloads.  :blush:

Quote from: Ken. on December 11, 2015, 05:24:00 AM
Excellent!  :mmd:

Installed and working great!
Haven't been able to connect to your site since I was there yesterday. Maybe the server locked me out???

EDIT: Well, just checked and can use FTP and login your cPanel but your site does not load for me at all!

Quote from: aura on December 11, 2015, 06:09:04 AM
ooohhh .... so would that work on my forum..?
It sure will!  O0

Ken.

Go to:
Client Area > Support > click 'Unblock IP Address' from the dropdown.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

It's working now and I didn't use the Unblock IP Address. Funny, it didn't block me from FTP or cPanel...

Ken.

Quote from: Skhilled on December 11, 2015, 08:35:30 AM
It's working now and I didn't use the Unblock IP Address. Funny, it didn't block me from FTP or cPanel...

The cPanel and FTP are different from the site I think... it has always let me into the cPanel whenever my actions caused the website to block me.

Skhilled

Ah! I started to look for the Unblock yesterday but because I could use FTP, etc. I didn't think I was truly blocked. LOL I know why it blocked me. When I first tried FTP it kept saying it was the wrong password and then I went into cPanel and changed it. Because I could go into there I didn't think it blocked me.

Ken.

FTP, that's usually what gets me in trouble.  :doh:

suga

What is different about the new version?  I have 2.5 RC2

If I were to install this one, would it get rid of the games I added? 

Chen Zhen

No it will not effect the current games you have installed.
Uninstall the old version and delete from the package manager.
Then you install the newer version.

Make sure there are no errors during the uninstall process.
If you do see errors record them (copy/paste), abort the uninstall process & then report them here or on my site for assitance.
Most likely you will not see any errors.. I just say that in case there is due to other mods editing files in the same locations.

Ken.

Got a question:
Downloaded and installed the version in the OP, but it's showing as 'SMF Arcade 2.5 RC2'... is the version number correct?

Skhilled

Quote from: suga on December 11, 2015, 02:03:55 PM
What is different about the new version?  I have 2.5 RC2
The Jeza Skin is now integrated into Arcade mod. You don't have to install it separately. ;)

Quote from: Ken. on December 11, 2015, 03:52:44 PM
Got a question:
Downloaded and installed the version in the OP, but it's showing as 'SMF Arcade 2.5 RC2'... is the version number correct?

It was just an oversight. I'll update the download in a few minutes. But here's the fix so it will show the proper version number.

In /Sources/Arcade.php, line 152, find:
$arcade_version = '2.5 RC2';

Replace it with:
$arcade_version = '2.5 RC3';

EDIT: The downloads have been updated...

Ken.