Slavery And The National Anthem

Started by Skhilled, August 30, 2016, 09:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Most people do not know this but Francis Scott Key actually wrote 3 more verses of The National Anthem that referenced slaves. However, Americans only sing the first verse!

Slavery And The National Anthem

Ken.

This has long been a contentious subject, we have suitable alternatives and should use one of those.

Of course, the first thing we should do is repair our social woes that Mr Kaepernick is protesting.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

What do you think we've been doing for the last few hundred years? LOL Seriously, I doubt they will be fixed any time soon. America was built on hatred and hate breeds more hate.

Ken.

Our current political environment only serves to remind us of an underlying current of racial hatred that was there all the while. Some times it is a bit quieter and low key than other times, but always there just the same. For now, in this time, the hate burns hot and openly.

The most egregious form was against the slaves and their descendants, but down through the years we've managed to hate just about everyone!   
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Yeah, they hate goes around in circles. When they grow tired of one group they move on to the next. But it never goes away, it only grows quiet from time to time. So much for patriotism, democracy, and all men being equal...

aura

sadly as you said further up the thread hate breed more hate ....

one night i sat with my mouth wide open i was so flawed ....this reporter from England was interviewing a family about Obama becoming president, the hate in that family, it was awful .... it wasnt they didnt like his policy's it was because he was a black man ....somehow in their very warped minds they thought they where better people.... i was in total shock....

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

I honestly believe America will become a "3rd world" country, as they say. They claim ISIS is destroying us but was are doing it from within.